The group AluK is a global leader in the design and engineering of aluminium window, door and curtain walling systems. With more than sixty years of expertise and operations in major countries around the globe, our building systems have been specified for many of the world’s most advanced and prestigious buildings.
R&D Senior System Designer (m/f)
AluK is looking for a senior designer for the development of aluminium systems for windows, doors and curtain walls.
The candidate must have already a previous experience in the same field of business.
He/she will report to the head of system design and he/she will interact with the other Aluk’s business units all around the world.
The working place is in AluK holding in Luxembourg, with the eventual need to travel abroad.
We are looking for someone who is able to work autonomously, with a good knowledge of aluminium systems and who can be in charge of the management of the projects but also be able to undertake CAD design and catalogue developments.
- Report to Head of System Design of R&D Department
- Overall responsibility for the CAD designing, catalogue developments and project management (with a focus on timing)
- Redactor and supervisor of product manuals
- Ability to understand the specifications, the standards and the requirements, and translate them into a project
- Able to work in a team environment and deliver results on time, with flexibility to manage several projects in the same time
- Attend and provide weekly reports to the supervisor
- Ability to make cost analysis and review design for cost optimization
- Collaborate with R&D from AluK’s Business Units worldwide and R&D Accessory design, Purchasing and Marketing Departments in Luxembourg
- Be committed to ongoing learning and development to keep our design at the highest standard
Education & Work Experience:
- Degree in mechanical or civil engineering, or a similar discipline
- At least 3 years of experience in aluminium system development or, at least, in the R&D dept. of an aluminium windows fabricator.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Deep knowledge of AutoCAD Mechanical and Inventor
- Ability to make FEM structural simulations is an asset
- Ability to use thermal simulations software is an asset
- Ability to use Orgadata / Logikal estimation software is an asset
- Experienced in Project Management
- Work autonomously
- Good knowledge of aluminium systems
- Fluent in English. Knowledge of Italian and French is a plus
The ideal candidate will be locally based in Luxembourg City with occasional travel required.
To apply please send a CV and cover letter explaining why you are suitable for this role to email@example.com.
Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications received we will only be able to respond to successful applicants.