ALUK MIDDLE EAST OPERATIONS MANAGER
AluK is a global leader in design and manufacture of architectural aluminium building systems which operates in B to B market.
With a solid business in Dubai and Saudi Arabia, AluK Middle East is developing fast and is now looking for an experienced Operations Manager to support the growth of the business both in project and retail market segments in the global Middle East region ensuring its clients with a very high level of service. This is an exciting time for AluK Middle East and offers great prospects for the right individual. The job is based in Dubai.
We are looking for a reliable Operations Manager to be responsible for the overall supply chain management. In close collaboration with Sales and Technical departments in charge of developing project sales, you will organize and monitor the supply, storage and distribution of goods. You will also be responsible for customer service and directly supervise the team in charge.
The goal is to manage the entire order cycle so as to enhance business development and ensure sustainability and customer satisfaction.
You will be responsible to support the Managing Director for office and people management including work & safety regulations and employee administration as well as preparing reports, budget and other documentation needed for performance management.
You will report to AluK Middle East Managing Director.
- Strategically plan and manage logistics, warehouse, transportation and customer service
- Direct, optimize and coordinate full order cycle
- Liaise and negotiate with suppliers, manufacturers, transport companies, forwarding agents, banks and customers
- Keep track of quality, quantity, stock levels, delivery times, transport costs and efficiency
- Arrange warehouse, plan routes and process shipments
- Implement, supervise, coach and train 3rd party warehouse provider
- Organize customer invoicing and payment collection.
- Interface with clients to resolve any arising problems or complaints
- Meet cost, productivity, accuracy and timeliness targets
- Organize document collection Liaise with 3rd party finance & staff administration providers to secure timely monthly management accounts as well as work permits and visas to employees
- Maintain metrics and analyze data to assess performance and implement improvements – in particular maintain sales price list and monitor project margin management
- Comply with laws and regulations
- 5 to 10 years’ experience in business and operation management for a BtoB international project business
- Good knowledge of import/export operations (incoterms, international payment, international transport, custom clearance) ideally in the Middle East region.
- Record of successful distribution and logistics management
- Proficient in standard logistics and finance ERP modules – Microsoft Dynamics Navision preferably
- Strong Excel experience and the ability to conduct analysis of data and translate the results into actionable deliverables, messages, and presentations
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations with limited direction.
- Fluent English; Italian and Arabic languages would be an asset
- Natural ability to build relationships across teams (sales, technical, logistics in different BU)
- Able to operate autonomously in a lean, fast-paced organization
- Self-motivated, action-oriented, multi-tasking individual with a sense of urgency and strong follow-through
- Strong Business Acumen including but not limited to strong understanding of financial statements
- Bachelor / Master in Business Administration, Logistics or Supply Chain
To apply please send a CV and cover letter explaining why you are suitable for this role to email@example.com.
Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications received we will only be able to respond to successful applicants.