The group AluK is a global leader in the design and engineering of aluminium window, door and curtain walling systems. With more than sixty years of expertise and operations in major countries around the globe, our building systems have been specified for many of the world’s most advanced and prestigious buildings.
AluK is looking for Head of Product Development – Asia, for the development of aluminium systems for windows, doors and curtain walls/façade for Asian Markets comprising of Middle East, India, SAARC, China and South-East Asia.
The candidate must have already a previous experience of at least 10-15 years in the same field of business.
The position is based in Bangalore. However, the candidate must be available to travel to different AluK locations in Asia frequently. The incumbent will be supported by a dedicated multi-locational team with expertise in relevant field, however we are looking for someone who is also able to work autonomously, with a good knowledge of aluminium systems and accessories and who can lead the development of new products being in-charge of the management of the Asian development projects.
The candidate should have good technical and commercial understanding of the relevant markets and able to translate the market need to specification for new developments.
The candidate will report to the BU Head in AluK India and in general for functional requirement, the steering committee comprising the head of BUs in China, Middle East, India and South East Asia. The candidate should also work in close coordination with the Head of R&D of AluK and the European central R& D team for product development.
- Expert level skill in English Language – Verbal and Written
- Hands-on, coming with good professional background and would support and promote a professional work culture in the Company
- A team player with ability to manage complex projects involving multi-locational and multi-cultural team and deliver within deadlines with flexibility to manage cross countries projects in the same time
- Good understanding of European Standards (EN), American Standard (ASTM) and other International Standards for systems performance and testing parameters
- Skills & Qualifications:
- Degree in Mechanical, Civil/Structural Engineering or similar discipline
- Deep knowledge of AutoCAD and Inventor
- Ability to make FEM structural simulations is an asset
- Ability to use thermal simulations software is an asset o Ability to use Orgadata/Logikal estimation software is an asset
- Be committed to ongoing learning and development to keep AluK design at the highest standard.